"Intensity setting" of iNAP's negative pump corresponds to how fast iNAP can reach the target negative pressure. There are three levels of intensity: Low, Medium and High.
When initially shipped to patients, iNAP is set to Low.
Increasing the intensity can help patients be more successful with iNAP because the application of the pulling force applied to the tongue and soft tissues is faster on high intensity compared to low. This will contribute for some patients to achieving a good seal more effectively.
Patient can change the intensity setting by themselves through the iNAP Lab Plus app and after pairing the iNAP device with the app.
Procedure to change intensity:
- open the iNAP Lab + app on your phone
- turn on the iNAP device
- once iNAP is paired with the app, click no device
- click on the orange gear icon next to the pressure reading next to the iNAP picture
- click "Intensity setting"
- with your finger, slide the cursor left and right to the desired intensity
- click "setting"
Please note that pressure setting and intensity setting are two different parameter and can be tuned independently for better results. Changing the pressure setting needs to be performed by the patients physician as a medical act.